The primary purpose of the St. Columbanus Athletic Center (SCAC) is to enhance and develop values that foster leadership, self-disciple, sportsmanship, and teamwork while providing a safe, nurturing, and athletically challenging environment for student athletes.
The SCAC values the lessons taught by athletic participation: personal development, respect, leadership, self-confidence, integrity, fun, and friendship. The programs of the SCAC help develop strong, healthy, and focused student athletes who offer service and hope to the community.
The goals of the St. Columbanus Athletic Center:
- To support and enhance the mission of St. Columbanus Parish.
- To offer effective coaching and sports instruction to children in the Chicago area.
- To provide a safe and nurturing environment for student athletes.
- To prepare student athletes to excel in high school and college athletic programs.
- To develop student athletes who value good sportsmanship and teamwork.
- To help our student athletes understand the connection between faith and sports.